FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by
protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest
workers’ safety, and much more on a global scale. We achieve this in
particular through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world
are responsibly managed. This goal requires a successful licensing
business with a rigid protection of FSC’s trademarks and the enforcement
of intellectual property rights.
To effectively meet the challenges of FSC’s business affairs, we are
committed to get the world’s most skilled people working with us in a
multinational work environment. We are currently looking for an engaged
Trademark Counsel & Ip Counsel to join the centralized Legal Department
of the FSC Group.
To support the continuous improvement of FSC information sources and
resources through innovation, data gathering, data standardization, data
analysis and visualization in line with the FS strategic goals.
Data Analyst (M/F/D) - Parental Leave Replacement
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To evaluate the flows of data and information from source to
output in various FSC processes, identifying fault points and
coordinating the corrections.
- To support and coordinate
information standardization across FSC business units.
- To perform rigorous research and evaluation of FSC
information and data sources.
- To coordinate and facilitate rigorous clean-up and
information integrity processes across various FSC departments,
including project management.
- To develop Information Schemas for data management to
modernize and improve current information assets.
- To develop tools and platforms to support capturing,
storing, analyzing and communicating information using
standardized protocols and intended for various audience groups.
- To assist in the development of comprehensive, relevant
(based on FSC Normative and Legal requirements), practical and
user-friendly workflows and protocols that facilitate
information capture, design, collection, quality, storage,
sharing and reporting on data.
- To support Information Management projects to ensure that
FSC Information Models are compatible with the ISEAL Information
and Data Standards for Sustainability.
- To assist in implementing online reporting for forest
- To develop a tool for FSC CoC audit data capture and
submission compatible with FSC Databases, with the proper
controls, workflows, and requirements, as well as to analyze
- To assist the Technology and Information Departments in
offering tools for analytics of data – providing real-time
analytics, trend analysis, and focus areas on FSC impact as well
as interpret the results of the analysis.
- Additional Tasks as assigned with the formal supervisor.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Education and Training:
- Relevant university degree or equivalent qualifications.
- A degree in forestry or environmental science is a very
- Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- 3-5 years relevant experience. experience in the
certification system, forestry or environmental science is a
very strong asset.
- Basic project management skills.
- The ability to interpret certification and forestry-related
data is a very strong asset.
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while
handling simultaneously several functions.
- Solution oriented attitude to work.
- Service oriented attitude to work.
- Project management experience.
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Spanish is a plus
- Computer Skills – good knowledge of and hands-on
- Microsoft office suite,visio and Office 365.
- PowerBI, Tableau or other advanced information and data
- MS Dynamics.
- Building data schemas and querying sources (including
SQL and Linked Open Data platforms (SPARQL) or similar).
- Programming skills (e.g. Phyton PHP).
- Open Knowledge and Interoperability repositories, e.g.,
- Components and aspects of GDPR and the impact on
information and data management in above software and
- Methodologies to ensure information and data accuracy
- Communication Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that
contribute to cohesive team efforts and decision making.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to the
audience without technology background.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week
- Duration of Employment: Temporary contract until September
- Starting Date: As soon as possible
How to Apply
- Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
- Please do not send any photos of yourself.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only
candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted
and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process.
Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check
your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you
automatically accept our Data Protection
Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!
The FSC HR Team