FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by
protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest
workers’ safety, and much more on a global scale. We achieve this in
particular through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world
are responsibly managed. This goal requires a successful licensing
business with a rigid protection of FSC’s trademarks and the enforcement
of intellectual property rights.
To effectively meet the challenges of FSC’s business affairs, we are
committed to get the world’s most skilled people working with us in a
multinational work environment. We are currently looking for an engaged
Trademark Counsel & Ip Counsel to join the centralized Legal Department
of the FSC Group.
To manage and support the building of databases, interface building
Data Applications Architect (M/F/D)
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To develop, manage and upgrade the Database management
systems used to capture, store and analyze data.
- To develop applications for different projects and review
existing code and applications.
- To develop user-interfaces (including web-interface) for
gathering various types of data collected by FSC.
- To analyze user requirements and, design functional
specifications for client/server databases and applications.
- To set-up, maintain and continuously develop the CI/CD
infrastructure with Git repositories.
- To design and develop schema.
- To support building effective API integrations between
different platforms and databases.
- To write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or
appearance of related Web applications as necessary.
- To perform tests on new and existing applications and
platforms to debug and fix errors while identifying areas for
- To assist in the preparation and documentation of software
requirements and specifications.
- To assist in the development and update of user manuals and
- Additional Tasks as assigned by formal supervisor and
project work as assigned for special organizational needs.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Education and Training:
- University or technical college degree in a relevant field,
e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology and Information
Systems or Information Science.
- Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional
experience (programming, system and/or software development).
- System analysis and strong problem-solving skills.
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while
handling simultaneously several administrative and support
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Service and solution-oriented attitude to work.
- Proactiveness and high level of engagement.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Fluency in Spanish (spoken and written) is a plus.
- Computer Skills – good skills in the use of/experience with:
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite, Visio, MS
Project, and Office 365.
- Microsoft Dynamics.
- Salesforce (desirable).
- Databases: Relational database design/management, SQL
queries, Ms SQL Server, Postgres (PostGIS), MySQL.
- Strong computer skills in information technology and
- Cloud Services: Amazon Web Serives, Azure.
- Mobile App Development (desirable).
- GIS and RS software are a plus.
- Communication Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex topics to a non-professional
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week.
- Duration of Employment: 2 years.
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
How to Apply
- Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
- Please do not send any photos of yourself.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only
candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted
and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process.
Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check
your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you
automatically accept our Data Protection
Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!
The FSC HR Team