Elgato is the brand of choice for video production technology among
content creators on all platforms. If you’ve watched live gaming or any
streaming content on YouTube or Twitch, chances are we helped make it
Our mission is to empower content creators everywhere.
Be part of the team that makes this happen.
In 2018, Elgato was acquired by Corsair, a provider of
high-performance PCs and peripherals. Over the last three decades
Corsair has cemented its leadership position in its key markets and
continues to grow rapidly. As a semiautonomous division of Corsair, we
have engineering offices in Germany and California, and distribute our
products in over eighty countries around the globe.
Elgato’s award winning product range combines cutting edge
technologies with industry leading industrial design and user
experiences to deliver an unparalleled level of performance to
customers. Our focus is always on simplicity and enabling the best
possible workflow for content creators.
We are looking for a
Junior Software Engineer - Desktop Applications (m/f/d)
to join our rapidly growing teams in Munich or Mönchengladbach in Germany,
where you will deploy your creativity, ingenuity, and full skill set to
contribute directly to the success of Elgato.
What you’ll be working on:
- You will be able to work with cutting edge video processing
algorithms, cross platform development environments, logical &
control structures, data management and processing algorithms,
and gain a wide experience of software engineering techniques on
multiple desktop, server and mobile platforms.
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in all stages
of the product engineering process – Planning, design,
development, and testing of software capabilities for any of
Elgato’s hardware and software products. You have the
opportunity to talk directly to our designers, our contacts with
the world’s most popular streamers and influencers and work with
them to define our products. We also draw on experience from our
colleagues across the Corsair family of companies.
- You will work with Elgato‘s cross-platform development and
test environment and can help improve this environment with new
ideas for system design, quality assurance, debugging,
statistical insights into device behavior, profiling and
- We offer you the choice to specialize on one platform –
macOS or Windows – or remain broadly focused on platform
independent technologies. You can work on Elgato’s award winning
Stream Deck, the capture products, or accessories and our
innovative future product lines.
- Our project teams are agile and multi-disciplinary, and work
independently on specific projects. You will be able to work in
all areas such as industrial design, UI/UX, product engineering
and have contact with external influencers and testers to refine
- You may specialize in one area of software development, but
you will be working in an agile environment solving complex
problems with the expectation that your broad experience,
intuition and initiative helps the team deliver the best
- You will have responsibility to define all stages of your
work with your team and ensure you deliver a tested and testable
solution. You will plan your own work and organize your own
tasks with your team.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with programming on desktop systems on macOS or
Windows which you will have used to solve real-world problems.
We are interested in any experience you may have but we do like
to see examples of how you used your experience to evaluate the
best possible approach to problems you solved.
- Familiarity with C++ as well as algorithms, concepts and
techniques in the field of audio and video streaming systems,
structuring large desktop applications or systems design &
testing. We are continuously improving our CI/CD systems and are
interested in your experiences here.
iOS and Android, Linux (desktop or embedded), Docker, Raspberry
Pi and ARM embedded systems is advantageous but we like
curiosity and a desire to bring new ideas to work.
- An ability for creative problem solving using all tools and
knowledge at your disposal; we like people who can make
decisions and who are able to evaluate compromises to achieve
the best overall solution. Your attention to detail and a focus
on quality in your work will guide you.
- Familiarity with cross-platform development using Qt or
similar tools is an advantage. If you wrote an application
targeted at multiple platforms – tell us about it.
- Self-motivation. We like our engineers to be able to plan
and structure their own work inside autonomous teams and take
full ownership of their tasks.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; German skills
are an advantage.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working hours and a friendly, positive working
- A focus on personal development and training in any relevant
- Modern and comfortable offices in the center of Munich or
Mönchengladbach as you prefer
- Quarterly profit share bonus
- Discounts on Elgato, Corsair, Origin, and Scuf Gaming
- Great coffee on tap, drinks, fruit, catered team lunch on
Fridays and discounted lunch vouchers on other days
If you are interested,
please forward your documents in English or German and include –
CV, employer references (lückenlose Arbeitszeugnisse) and School
and University Degree(s) and apply through our job portal
Landshuter Allee 10 ● 80637 München
Lüpertzender Straße 161 ● 41061 Mönchengladbach