As one of the largest universities of applied sciences in the region of Bavarian Swabia, the focus of the Augsburg University of Applied Sciences’ work lies on quality, personality, openness and partnership. Our mandate is to develop personalities that are sought after in business and society.
The following position (salary grade W 2) is available at the Faculty of Computer Science of the Augsburg University of Applied Sciences from summer semester 2021 or later:
Professor of Information Systems with Focus on International Information Systems, especially Standard Business Information Systems and their Implementation
The ideal candidate has a relevant specialization in the development and use of methods to develop and implement standard business information systems. This includes in-depth methodological know-how, amongst other things in application development procedures using modern development tools and system landscapes. At the same time, applicants should have extensive experience in designing and completing international development projects in business.
Within this specialization they should also have in-depth knowledge and experience focusing on the following topics:
- several years of practical experience in the development of integrated business applications
- ERP programming (e.g. SAP, ABAP development, Dynamics AX X++, etc.)
- knowledge of modern technologies such as ERP cloud and mobile solutions (e.g. SAP S/4HANA, SAP UI5)
- experience in the area of production and logistics or supply management and manufacturing execution systems is desirable
Augsburg University of Applied Sciences expects applicants to provide lectures in an increasingly international environment. Duties thus include teaching courses in the above-mentioned fields as well as in the basic courses of the faculty’s bachelor’s and master’s programs both in English and in German.
In terms of teaching and applied research, close contacts to business are as desirable as the willingness to initiate projects and internships in Germany and abroad, as well as to raise third-party funding.
In addition to the tasks in teaching and research, you will be expected to take an active part in administering academic affairs as well as in developing strategic initiatives within the faculty.
The detailed requirements for employment are as follows:
- a university degree
- excellent academic achievements in research and an outstanding doctoral degree or equivalent academic qualification
- a minimum of five years of work experience during which outstanding achievements in the form of applying or developing scientific discoveries and methods have been demonstrated; this period of work experience needs to have taken place after you completed your degree program, and at least three of the five years need to have been spent working in a non-academic context; if, over a period of at least five years, a considerable portion of your work involved a cooperation between a university and a non-academic employer, this time may be considered to meet the requirements for non-academic work experience in some cases
- aptitude for teaching
Things to look forward to:
A good workplace climate is a priority at Augsburg University of Applied Sciences: mutual respect and open communications are an integral part of our culture. We value you, your opinion and your expertise!
Augsburg University of Applied Sciences promotes the equality of women in the workplace and strives to increase the proportion of women, particularly in academic positions. Therefore, we expressly call on women to apply for this vacancy. If you have any questions concerning equal opportunities, please contact our Women’s Representative (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Appointment to the civil service can take place for appliers who have not yet reached the age of 52. We are committed to equality of opportunity and to a proactive and inclusive approach which support all underrepresented groups.
Instructions on how to apply are available at www.hs-augsburg.de/karriere (only available in German). We look forward to your application including a covering letter, a CV and copies of your qualifications, references from previous employers and additional certificates. We expressly invite international candidates to apply. Please apply no later than December 6th, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Maria Braun, Telephone +49 (821) 5586-3277 or via e-mail to email@example.com.