More than 30% of the global energy is used for heating and cooling
buildings. We believe that this environmental footprint can be reduced
significantly by controlling the indoor climate in an intelligent way.
Therefore, we develop and sell our smart thermostats and additional
services. Now, tado° is the European market leader, being internationally
recognized for our unmatched compatibility, our award-winning elegant
design, and for being integrated with major smart home platforms.
tado° has a strong and fast-growing consumer business in 18 countries
as well as a fast-growing B2B business with significant energy companies
as our customers. Founded in 2011 in Munich, there are now over 180
employees - roughly half of whom are engineers - contributing daily
to the success of our company. We want to make a difference, challenge
ourselves and our business every day, and are looking for new colleagues
who are just as passionate about our products as we are.
Why work at tado:
- Be part of our international and multicultural team of
people from 42 nations
- Contribute to shaping our next generation Smart
Home IoT products & services which help the world
- Be empowered: Rather than telling you what
to do, we want you to tell us what to do.
- Grow personally by learning from your highly-skilled
and dedicated colleagues and through frequent feedback.
- Follow, promote, and improve our agile, lean development
process with a focus on deep understanding of the problem
and minimal, but high-quality solutions. We iterate frequently,
and limit the work in progress to learn on a daily basis whether
we are really adding value for customers and our business.
- Scale with us: Our customer base and number
of deployed devices grows by a 50-70% every year.
Help us design our processes and devices to be ahead of this growth.
Your daily business will involve:
- Writing and deploying code continuously to millions
of connected embedded devices leveraging and enhancing
our test-driven development approach
- Automating workflows to enable fast firmware delivery pipelines
- Collaborating on concepts for new product features
together with colleagues from other teams from definition up to
- Analyzing and presenting engineering trade-offs and efforts
in the light of customer value to stakeholders within the company
- You are very strong in explaining complex topics
in English, appropriately tailoring your delivery according to your
- You actively search for opportunities to improve yourself,
the working process, your team collaboration, and feedback mechanisms.
- 5+ years experience with Embedded Systems
- Profound knowledge of C and one higher layer
language (e.g. Python)
- Experience with RF Technologies (e.g. 802.15.4, LoRa,
Thread) is considered a plus
- Ability to reach our Munich lab if required
- Work remotely from anywhere in Germany. We
value flexibility, so you and your team will decide together if
and when in-person meetings are required. Any other time you can
choose to work from anywhere you want, as long as you are available
for pairing and video calls during our core hours from CET 9am to
- Learning culture and learning support beyond what is needed
for the job, e.g. we offer subsidized German language courses
for relocators even though you will not need German for
- Discounted access to gyms and fitness offers through “Qualitrain”
- Health care services, such as skin cancer screening,
flu vaccinations. We have also been amongst the first companies
to offer a COVID-19 vaccination to all employees.
- 30 days of paid vacation and a company pension
scheme to help with your retirement
- Competitive compensation package