More than 30% of the global energy is used for heating and cooling
of buildings. We believe that this environmental footprint can be reduced
significantly by controlling the indoor climate in an intelligent way.
Therefore, we develop and sell our smart thermostats and additional
services. Now, tado° is the European market leader, being internationally
recognized for our unmatched compatibility, our award-winning elegant
design, and for being integrated with major smart home platforms.
tado° has a strong and fast-growing consumer business in 18 countries
as well as a fast-growing B2B business with significant energy companies
as our customers. Founded in 2011 in Munich, there are now over 180
employees - roughly half of whom are engineers - contributing daily
to the success of our company. We want to make a difference, challenge
ourselves and our business every day, and are looking for new colleagues
who are just as passionate about our products as we are.
Why work at tado:
- Be part of our international and multicultural team of people
from 42 nations
- Contribute to shaping our next generation Smart Home
IoT products & services which help the world save
- Be empowered: Rather than telling you what
to do, we want you to tell us what to do.
- Grow personally by learning from your highly-skilled
and dedicated colleagues and through frequent feedback.
- Follow, promote, and improve our agile, lean development
process with a focus on deep understanding of the problem
and minimal, but high-quality solutions. We iterate frequently,
and limit the work in progress to learn on a daily basis whether
we are really adding value for customers and our business.
- Scale with us: Our customer base and number
of deployed devices grows by a 50-70% every year.
Help us design our processes and devices to be ahead of this growth.
Your daily business will involve:
- Bringing new products to life in the factory: innovate on interaction
and integration with our devices in the line, develop tests and
production processes, and collaborate closely with our Embedded
platform & HW teams
- Establishing new automation solutions in our lab to guarantee
integrity and efficiency of our firmware SW stack with the manufacturing
- Ensuring continuous production flow through our 30+ fully remote
administrable test stations (FT, EOL) deployed at our contract manufacturing
- Rapidly and continuously improving the current production processes
and tech stacks analyzing the extensive data gathered by our deployed
- Collaborating with our contract manufacturing partner’s on-site
Production Engineers to establish new processes and to scale production
including automation of workflows and deployments
- Scaling our Python-based production software framework to the
- Collaborating with both Embedded Firmware and Hardware Engineers
to increase reliability and coverage for tests and to develop new
ways of integration
- Analyzing and presenting engineering tradeoffs to other stakeholders
within the company (eg. Supply Chain Management, Product Development
- You are very strong in explaining complex topics in English,
appropriately tailoring your delivery according to your audience.
- You actively search for opportunities to improve yourself, the
working process, your team collaboration, and feedback mechanisms.
- Solid knowledge of Python 3.x and Embedded C
- General understanding of manufacturing processes for embedded
systems, e.g In-circuit tests (ICT), Functional Tests (FT), End
of Line Tests (EOL)
- Experience with ubiquitous IoT protocols, e.g. MQTT, CoAP, and
communication means, e.g. UART, NFC, etc.
- Experience with RF Technologies is considered a plus
- Ability to reach our Munich lab if required
- Work remotely from anywhere in Germany. We value flexibility,
so you and your team will decide together if and when in-person
meetings are required. Any other time you can choose to work from
anywhere you want, as long as you are available for pairing and
video calls during our core hours from CET 9am to 5pm.
- Learning culture and learning support beyond what is needed
for the job, e.g. we offer subsidized German language courses
for relocators even though you will not need German for
- Discounted access to gyms and fitness offers through “Qualitrain”
- Health care services, such as skin cancer screening,
flu vaccinations. We have also been amongst the first companies
to offer a COVID-19 vaccination to all employees.
- 30 days of paid vacation and a company pension
scheme to help with your retirement
- Competitive compensation package